Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dinosaurs




So we went to the u of u museum. I wanted to take Noah to the big thanksgiving point one but didn't have the funds so this had to do for the time being. Noah was scared of the dinosaur head at the beginning, I told him that you feed it money and it talks. So he put the money in the mouth and the dino started talking...scared him nicely. I told him it was not a real dinosaur, so he kind of started to like it, named it Alice.. he is funny about naming things. He liked diggin in the dirt for fossils, what boy doesn't love digging in the dirt?? He also loved the dinosaur bones and stuffed animals...shoulda gone to Cabella's and paid nothing. I sound so cheap I know. Anywhoo we had a fun time there, Noah is a little sponge and loves learning and soaking up information. Now on to the big museum....

4 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun..yes, all three of my kids have been dinosaur fanatics, you gotta luv it! And it's great to put something educational into a fun activity too..good for you! :}

Jen said...

Free, and inexpensive is right up my ally! Sounds like he had a great time. I love that he named the dino Alice. How cute!!

Suzy said...

Fun!! I want to go there! We missed you last night, but at least we got to see you for a second. I do have one question...is the bumpy part over yet? Hahahaha. Love ya Jamie!!!

Sarah W. said...

Way too fun. We have a musuem here with robotic dinos that freak my kids out too... but they love it. As well as a store in the mall with a robotic crocodile. FREAKY!

And you don't sound like a cheapskate mom- you sound like a practical mom that does the fun things that cost money occasionally and the free stuff the rest of the time. And Noah will love anything because he is with you!!